Here’s my list of questions to ask your kids sometime around the New Year. We always love this time of hearing their thoughts from the previous year and thinking together about the new one. Use it as a starting place for your own family or friends.
- What was your favorite memory from this year?
- What was the hardest thing about this year?
- What was your favorite book of the Bible that we read together? Why?
- What was your favorite other book?
- How have you grown this year?
- What is something you learned that you didn’t know or couldn’t do last year?
- What was your biggest disappointment or failure?
- What is one thing you want to learn this year?
- What is one thing you want to be different this year?
- What is one way you want to grow in loving God this year?
- What is one way you want to grow in loving others this year?
- What is one thing you’d like to do with the family this year?
- How can we pray for you?
This year I have the questions written down in my journal with places to record the answers. I hope these provide opportunities for some great conversations!