This has been a favorite tradition for us with the kids – asking questions about the past year and seeing what their thoughts are for the year to come. I like to do it during the first week and try to let each child have their own time. I’m posting them here for others to use as well. Happy New Year!
1. What was your favorite memory from this year?
2. What is something you learned this year that started out seeming very hard, but got better or easier as it went?
3. Do you have any embarrassing memories from this year?
4. Funny memories?
5. Memories or accomplishments you’re proud of? (It’s okay to say so! ; )
6. What is your favorite thing we do together as a family?
7. What would you like to do more of this year?
8. What is something you’re interested in or want to learn?
9. Are there any character qualities you would like to grow in this year?
10. How do you think you have matured this year? (This could be spiritually – knowing what you believe or desiring things that you know please God; it could be physically – growing or gaining skill; emotionally – learning how to control or express what you feel; or relationally – understanding and living with those around you)
*Also, this is a great place/time to tell your kids where you have seen them mature this year.
11. What would you say those around you think you love the most?
12. What do you think you love the most?
13. How can we pray for you this year?