It’s that time again, to look back at my new year’s resolutions. I love the first of the month. As I cringe, this is actually the first time I’ve done this since…checking…August. But that’s not all that bad; do you remember your New Year’s Resolutions? Here are mine, as of January 1, 2012:
1. Resolved to set monthly goals in the areas of music, prayer, parenting, exercise, and homemaking.
2. Resolved to make keeping our bedroom clean, neat and decorated a priority.
3. Resolved to give the gospel more than I did last year and to prepare by diligent study, prayer, and meditation. (Especially to my girls and then others as the Spirit leads)
4. Resolved to meditate daily on Christ’s return.
5. Resolved to strive for a joyful and contented attitude by remembering the privilege of being an image-bearer of God. He is not here for me; I am here for Him.
Well, honestly, I’m doing okay with goal setting; it’s taken on different forms as the year has progressed. Our bedroom is horrible right now, so very discouraging. God has blessed me with opportunities to give the gospel, but I have totally failed at preparation. Goal number four has not been realized whatsoever with the exception of the first week of January. And number five I would categorize as struggling. Let me note, I think positively regarding struggling; at least forward motion is implied.
With all this in mind, here are my November goals:
1. Finish memorizing James 2.
2. Memorize a passage of Scripture about Christ’s return.
3. Go to bed no later than 11:30; rise by 7:00.
4. Read and study about the gospel one night a week (plan!)
5. Spend ten minutes “fixing up” our room after the girls go to bed.
6. Pray every morning.
7. Make November menu.
8. Plan Thanksgiving (food, decorations, place settings, etc.)
9. Make of list of actions that need discipline; try to enforce this solidly for one month (talk to the girls about this)
10. Email Cassy
Here we go!